Book Chelle

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel

Bared to You  - Sylvia Day Review posted on Dark Faerie TalesBared to You is about love in a purely raw state. Eva Trammel is a 24-year old woman who has recently graduated and is ready to make her mark on the world. Eva has chose to take the simple path, found an entry-level position in a marketing firm, all without utilizing her wealthy stepfather’s ties in the business world. Eva has moved to New York City on her own and is ready to begin her adult life on her own terms. In a meeting destined by fate, Eva runs into Gideon Cross. A young late twenty-something, Gideon is a successful and highly motivated industry giant. Sparks fly, and boy are they hot. Eva and Gideon are drawn to each other with a force like two magnets. Together, they are passionate enough that there is an unforgiving need. Individually, they have secrets and insecurities that destroy one another. Eva is very strong-willed, and rightfully so. With an overbearing and overprotective mother, Eva’s life is constantly monitored, against her will. Eva craves independence and self-sufficiency, not only to be an adult, but also to overcome family scrutiny. Eva’s journey to secure the foundations of her heart allows her to take a leap of faith. She allows her insecurities to get the better of her, and for a strong woman in the office, she’s completely docile everywhere else. Gideon is definitely your dark, tall, and handsome male lead. Gideon is a force to be reckoned with, and he definitely commands your presence in every sense of the word. Gideon’s career is controlled and fast-paced, but once he meets Eva, the dynamic and balance of that life is thrown off. There was a point where you instantly fall in love with who Gideon is as a person versus the image or persona of him. The intimate moments shared between Gideon and Eva show the reader this deep understanding of who he really is. Like an onion, there are so many layers to him, and lucky for Eva, she’s the woman he’s willing to open up to. Bared to You shows deep emotions and subjects that complements the romance and sexual relationship of the book. I couldn’t put the book down. There are heavy erotic details in this book, and not for the faint of heart. Explicit images and passionate positions cover the pages, and boy did I enjoy them. But erotica isn’t the only thing about Bared to You that made this an enjoyable read. Day wrote about sensitive topics and addresses them with sensitivity and finesse. I can’t stop thinking about this book, the characters, and the story. Day wrote everything perfectly, definitely making Bared to You one of my favorite reads for this year. There was everything in this story, and everything that I didn’t think to ask for. By the way, just in case you didn’t understand from my vague erotica descriptions, Bared to You contains explicit scenes and is full of hot, graphic sex. But I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I did.