Book Chelle

Beautiful Bitch (Beautiful Bastard, #1.5)

Beautiful Bitch (Beautiful Bastard, #1.5) - Christina Lauren Review posted on Dark Faerie Tales.It has been difficult for me to begin writing this review. The Beautiful Bastard series by Christina Lauren has become one of my favorites. Where the original story had a different meaning to me, Christina Lauren has turned it into something special, unique, and something to stand on its own. Beautiful Bitch is the novella that accompanies the story of Beautiful Bastard. This story between Chloe and Bennett take place where Beautiful Bastard left off. Chloe is a driven woman, and her career reflects that. But what Bennett wants in his life isn’t always what Chloe desires. They are alike in so many ways and it is both a hindrance and blessing for their relationship. But while their careers take precedence over their lives, Chloe and Bennett find themselves in a French Villa with beautiful scenery inside and out. One of the downfalls of Beautiful Bitch is that it wasn’t long enough to satisfy my literary appetite. Christina Lauren knows how to write for themselves, and definitely for their fellow readers. This novella was a good addition into this world and couple. I felt that it was a good companion piece, filled with a substantial amount of plot and dialogue. The dialogue. Let me talk about this for a moment. If you know the authors, or follow them in any social media outlet, you’ll understand why I loved the dialogue. The banter is witty and snarky. The exchanges are smart and precise. The pillow talk is yummy and worth every word read. To me, the dialogue is one of the best things about this series. It’s real, genuine, and I just can’t get enough of it.The important (to me) scenes were deliciously written and highly enjoyable to read. Both Chloe and Bennett were developed in ways that made the overall mood of the story light. There wasn’t a lot of angst, but mostly sweet nothings whispered in my ear. Beautiful Bitch was highly enjoyable and perfect as a novella piece. I highly urge you to read this. Now (please).