Book Chelle

Sweets to the Sweet - Jennifer Greene,  Jeanne Grant Posted on Book Chelle.I have a lot of mixed thoughts about this book. When I read the synopsis, I was intrigued by the title. Chocolate tycoon? A damsel in distress with a Prince Charming? I am always a sucker for Prince Charming stories.New mother, Laura Anderson, has had one of the worst starts in book that I have read. She is a single mother with a newly born baby, Mari. She is also newly divorced and just recently moved into town. To say it hasn’t been easy is an understatement. Baby Mari constantly cries and does not allow for Laura to rest or think properly. So when she is on the way to the hospital, in the rain, it’s no surprise that she would rear-end a vintage Austin-Healy. Laura, like a lot of new mothers, constantly worry and are very protective of their newborns. Her lack of sleep has affected her normalcy in anything that she tries to accomplish. Could a Prince Charming really whisk her off her feet?Owen Reesling is the owner of the Austin-Healy. Instead of being upset at the accident, he brings Laura and Mari to the hospital, proceeds to wait throughout the visit, brings them home safe and sound, and then cooks them dinner to allow Laura a few moments of rest. Did I mention that he happens to be the Reesling chocolate tycoon? Owen is not a strange to children. Coming from a large family of his own, he has been surrounded with babies and children for most of his life. It was also this large family that forced him to take a break from the business and get some rest of his own.Some start to a book, right? In this whirlwind romance, Laura and Owen attempt to distance themselves from each other, trying very hard not to depend on the other one. While they attempt to live their own lives apart, they quickly discover the attraction between them. It only complicates things when Laura’s past starts to show up in the story. Could the chocolate prince save the day once again?What I loved about this book is the way the feelings and emotions, between Laura and Owen, were written. There is something to be said about the fast romance that could possibly happen between two people. It’s possible, and in an unorthodox meeting like these two had, it was almost inevitable. One thing I disliked about this story was the way Laura would sabotage her chances at happiness. I understand the concerns of a new mother, but is it really possible to be that neurotic? It seemed a little too much.This was a short read, but like the title said, Sweets to the Sweet delivers a sweet romance.