Book Chelle

Confessions of a Murder Suspect - Maxine Paetro, James Patterson Posted on Dark Faerie Tales.I’m a fan of James Patterson and the amazing books that he and his writing partners have written. They are always compelling and keep me on the edge of my seat. When I had the chance to read Confessions of a Murder Suspect, I jumped on the chance. Patterson’s first teen mystery series? Definitely wouldn’t want to pass that up!Confessions of a Murder Suspect follows a young daughter’s mission to solve the mystery of her parents’ murder. The suspects? The members of her own family. Tandy Angel sets out to do what the police can’t, solve the murder. But she questions every single one of the members living in their house. In doing so, she uncovers every single one of her family’s dark secrets, confession with the reader, waiting for a verdict.Tandy Angel is the voice of this book, talking to the reader as if they were a third character. It’s great. She confesses so many things that allows the reader to take into thought. She’s smart for her age, and definitely witty. Her quick thinking, her blase attitude makes her a fantastic main character. She has set it upon herself to solve the mystery of her parents’ death, and one that she doesn’t take lightly. I loved reading about her. She is by far my favorite thing about Confessions of a Murder Suspect.The Angel Family is really something else. From their super human young brother, Hugo, to the enigmatic all-American jock older brother, Matthew. Oh, let’s not forget the twin, Harrison, who is artistic and doesn’t seem to belong to the rest of the Angel family. They are all individual and amazing in their own right, and finding out a little bit about each one of them adds to the mystery.While a majority of the book took place in the Angels’ home, the world created was still one that I wanted to know about. Nothing beats a murder scene, and finding out that all the quirks within the home were a part of the scene just added to it. The personalities of each character, the depth of every single one added to the allure of reading the story. I enjoyed reading this teen mystery as much as I’ve read Patterson’s adult mysteries.Patterson’s writing is always great. And Paetro is no second runner up. The two have writing chemistry, and their works are always well polished. While I didn’t like the ending, the rest of the book was great and enjoying. There are many levels of content, symbols, lessons to be learned when reading Confessions of a Murder Suspect.I really enjoyed Confessions of a Murder Suspect. I think of the Royal Tennanbaums or even something as quirky as the Munsters. This was such a great read, filled with forensic thrills and a intriguing plot. I’m sure you’ll love this as much as I did.