Book Chelle

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, Book 1) - Pittacus Lore Edit: When I first decided to read this, it was because of the movie that was coming out(at the time). I didn't know anything prior to hearing that it was a book-to-movie adaptation. I was out of the country at the time of the press tour, so I didn't know anything about the movie. When I started to read it, I originally thought it was like a familiar sci-fi story that I couldn't put a name to it. As I read further, I realized that there were a lot of typical story plots and that was the reason why it seemed familiar. "Pittacus Lore" or James Frey and his writing partner had a good story plot. To me, there were a lot of writing/grammar flaws that annoyed me. There was a part of me that wanted to grab a red pen. If I ignore all of the above, the story, at it's core was good. Meaning, it wasn't terrible, I didn't hate it, I would probably read it again. I Am Number Four is a journey for Four. The book begins with the journey of three before him, protecting the integrity of their planet. Four, along with his mentor, Henri, they try to stay ahead of the Mogadorians. There are parts in the book where you know something will happen and hope it won't, but it has typical story plots, so of course it will happen.Original: It was a good read. It delivered the action, some suspense, a little romance...and despite some shortcomings of the way it was written, I did not hate it. It intrigued me enough to read about Four and his adventures. It did leave me with a lot of questions, and I sure hope that book 2 will answer them.