Book Chelle

Unearthly - Cynthia Hand I chose this book because of the cover. Monotone color, solo girl, appealing title graphic. I didn't read the synopsis prior to picking it up, it was purely on cover judgment. I haven't read too many books on angels, so I wasn't expecting much. To be honest, I didn't even realize it was about angels until a few pages into the book. Cynthia Hand has a way with bringing in the nature into the story. There was something about her descriptions about the lay of the land or the weather that was brewing up that really added to the effect of the story. There was a part when Clara goes through an event in her life based on one of her emotions, and the way that Hand described it gave me goosebumps. This book had the basics of a YA story. There was a romantic love story, there was a challenge, and there was the small amount of angst that made you long for the two main characters. Then...there was the twist at the end that just completely throws you off. I really enjoyed this book. I could not put it down, and I was on vacation! I cannot wait for the next book and see what happens to Clara.