Book Chelle

Firelight - Sophie Jordan Edit: A review while I'm fully awake. Without reading the synopsis of the story, one can assume that based on the cover the story is about dragons. The only book I have read about dragons is the Eragon series. I didn't have many expectations when I started the book, none of my friends really talked about it. The first chapter grabbed me. The author didn't start with a wordy, detailed introduction, she started with an action packed adventure. This always gets me reading. She described the main character based on her emotions, actions, and thoughts. After the first chapter, I was instantly hooked.This story has the main character being pulled away from the only thing that she knows. She goes through the book struggling with who her family wants her to be and who she really is. Haven't we all lived through this? And of course, what wouldn't complete a story except a little Romeo and Juliet-esque love triangle? Great story, great plot, great twist. I couldn't put it down and ended up reading it all in one night.