Book Chelle

The Faerie Ring

The Faerie Ring - Kiki Hamilton's The Faerie Ring is set in 1871 London. She has created a world that I want to be a part of. While Hamilton portrayed a time filled with problems and poverty, she also described a world of secrets and enchantment.Tara Kathleen, or Tiki, lost her parents at an early age. She then ran away from the home of her aunt to escape the creepy watch of her uncle. Now she has left comfort only to live in poverty, stealing her way for survival not only for herself, but for the orphans that she considers to be her new family. The only memories she has left are the faerie stories that her mother told her as a child.While looking for a warm meal to bring home to a sick orphan, Clara, Tiki steals a ruby ring. Tiki is instantly memorized by the beauty and decides that selling this is the only way to cure Clara. But of course, it's never that easy, is it? The ring belongs to the Queen of England, herself!There is more to the ring than meets the eye. A well-known person on the streets is Rieker, who befriends Tiki. He explains that the ring represents a truce between the faerie world and the human world. Now that the ring is out of royal protection, everyone will be seeking the ring.Secrets unfold and truths are revealed in this historical world. Not only does the tale of the ring unfold, but so does Tiki's past. Like the ring, there is more to our little Tiki.I love Tiki and her large heart. I enjoyed how she was written and every detail that went towards her character. Tiki is an example of a well-rounded protagonist. Her strengths and weaknesses compliment the story in an amazing way. I also loved the promise of her future, of who she could become and where it would take the story. Even if this was just a stand a lone book, but I am glad it's not, I would have been happy.And then there is Rieker. I did not expect to fall in love with him as much as I did. He is endearing, but also mysterious and captivating. He is the kindred soul that balances Tiki's broken heart. Their relationship blossomed as each page passed and I was caught in the romance. But the secrets that he holds? Who saw them coming? The brilliance of Hamilton's genius and creative mind is that she gave us amazing and added a little extra without going over the top.Hamilton did such a fantastic job writing The Faerie Ring. The story was paced so well that it was so easy to get lost in this world. The images were detailed that I could see the scene play in my mind. The scenes were well thought out that everything said was believable. I started in the morning and finished at night. I just simply couldn't put it down.Everyone has to read this, now, if you haven't already. You will be captivated by the world that Hamilton has built and be enchanted by the romance of the story.