Book Chelle

Three Days, Two Nights

Three Days, Two Nights - M.J. Fredrick Posted on Book Chelle.MJ Frederick's Three Days, Two Nights is a fun romantic read. The story of Nat and Tess is a familiar one to me. Nat spent his life building and developing his career, and in doing so, he chose the Air Force over his wife, Tess. Eventually, it was too much for Tess, and she left him, filing for divorce soon afterwards. A year later, Nat realized his mistake and is taking the steps to win her back. Tess, however, has moved on and is on her way to work retreat. A mishap has left the two stranded on a deserted island. And the question is, will Nat's plan work regardless of location, or will it end all over again?Nathaniel Reis has three days and two nights to make the best out of a bad situation. He is a retired Air Force pilot, who owns an airfield in Florida. I feel for him, really I do. He seems like a man with good intentions, but instead of facing his problems, he seemed to have run away from them. Nat focused on his career, and making a name for himself, and in the end lost what should have mattered to him the most.Teresa Bonner walked out on a man who just didn't love her enough to put her first. She walked out on the marriage that she cherished. She couldn't get through to Nat, so she did the only thing she could think of. But I feel that Tess had a little part in the fallout. I've always said it takes two people for a marriage to fail. She could have tried a different way to communicate with him. I have always heard from friends who are military wives that when you marry into the military, you know what you're signing yourself up for. I know that's an unfair statement, but I thought maybe Tess would have understood what she was getting herself into - the long nights, the absence of her husband, etc. But it doesn't matter, she left and never looked back.Three Days, Two Nights is just that. This was a good story with some steamy scenes. There were a lot of revelations on the island, as a couple and individually. I'm glad that Tess didn't just give in. I'm glad that she was angry and lashed out. Rightfully so, don't you think? Frederick did a great job of pacing the story, even if the timeline was a short number of days.I wish there was a little more character development than what was in the book. I wanted to know a little more about both of the characters. I loved this story enough to want more. I think that says a lot about this book.I suggest Three Days, Two nights for a quick weekend romance. You'll fall in love with their story, in their own tropical paradise.