Book Chelle

Goddess Interrupted - Aimee Carter Posted on Book Chelle.I read Aimee Carter’s The Goddess Test last year in a few hours. Afterwards, I proceeded to read it a couple more times. Carter spoke to me through the Kate’s voice. I fell in love with the retelling and reinvention of who Henry represented, and all the emotions felt through Kate. Goddess Interrupted was a great follow-up. I laughed, I cried, and most importantly, I loved.After a six-month vacation in Greece, Kate finally comes home to Henry. But instead of a great welcome home from Henry, Kate is greeted with troubling news. Kate travels down to the Underworld, to save Henry and everyone she loves. The journey allowed Kate to face her fears. And I definitely feel that Kate is challenged a little more in Goddess Interrupted than in The Goddess Test.I felt the same connection with Kate then as I did now. To see someone else’s hope and dreams get crushed by a single event is heartbreaking. Not only did Kate have to face the problems of the war, but she also faced the history of Persephone. I mean to be overshadowed by a memory? Sucks! But despite what she was feeling, Kate put forth the best of herself, and sacrificed what she needed to – regardless of her fears and insecurities.The characters evolved and I got to know them a little more. I have to say, I enjoyed the depth of character development that Carter took me to. I wasn’t expecting to be so emotionally involved with them. Sure, I felt a connection, but Carter has a way with building her characters that allowed the characters to be tangible. I was involved in every way that her characters were.I felt that the theme for Goddess Interrupted was optimism, love, and the belief in the power of “us.” These are the same values that I felt Kate holds dear. Carter took me on a roller coaster filled with emotions. I felt a little angst, then I felt some other feelings. I loved the plot, and I appreciated the obstacles. While the Underworld isn’t something new, Carter brought a fresh approach to her version. I felt like I was discovering the Underworld right along with Kate, and it was something that I enjoyed very much.I was sad when it ended. I was surprised at the events. I cried over and over again, and I don’t regret any minute of it. And most of all, I fell in love with Henry all over again. But don’t take my word for it. Pick it up today and fall in love with Henry and Kate.Excuse me, I need to read this one more time.